What you will need...
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into long thin strips
- 2 red peppers, sliced into long thin strips
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
- 4 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cans (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
Sides to think about...great with garlic bread and a spinach salad. Sometimes, when I'm not in the mood for the pasta, I eat the sauce over sauteed spinach and top with fresh parmesan cheese.
How many people can eat...like I said, we make a lot for leftovers and even freeze some...so, this makes enough for about 10-12 people.